July 10, 2020
We are pleased to announce that Scripps Inn is open.
In light of COVID-19, we have adjusted our operations and implemented many safety measures outlined here.
We look forward to welcoming our valued guests and colleagues back.
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR LUXURY HOTEL’S PRIMARY CONCERN
Our luxury hotel in La Jolla takes great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for you as our guest. Based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, the California Department of Public Health and the California Hotel & Lodging Association, we have implemented a number of enhanced health and safety measures throughout the property along with an intensified and continuous employee training program. As government and health officials release new guidelines on protocols and social distancing, we will modify with an abundance of caution for the safety of both our guests and our employees. The following outlines the precautionary measures in effect at the property to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout the Property
• Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting protocols in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
• Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
• Water temperatures routinely checked throughout the day and monitored to ensure the highest level of sanitization.
• Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are available throughout the property and are easily accessible by guests and employees.
• Added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
• Signs reminding guests of proper social distancing throughout the property and guidance for compliant small group gatherings or events.
• Based on the California Department of Public Health guidelines for gatherings, we have spaced all seating appropriately to accommodate social distancing and staggered activities. We have also implemented guidelines for the movement of guests and employees around the property.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
• Modified check-in, with one guest allowed in the office at a time to avoid congregating at the front desk area and maintaining social distancing. Keys are sanitized after every use, and before handing out to new guests.
• Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remote, alarm clock, TV, safety latch, trash receptacle, toilet and shower handles, and refrigerator.
• Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest room.
• Ongoing internal communications and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene. Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
• Daily, per shift routine/lineup covering the basics with emphasis on frequency and consistency.
• A flexible “stay home/stay healthy” schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
• Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
• Dedicated personal workspaces and equipment are assigned everywhere possible to reduce shared contact. All shared equipment such as timeclocks and phones are thoroughly sanitized with each use.
• Proper hand washing before delivering any item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout front and back of house.
• Protocols in place for addressing any potentially symptomatic guests to avoid contact with others.
• Thorough sanitization will be administered to the highest safety standards for any suspected contamination.
• We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.